Posted by Gina Perkins, Pre-School Mommie | Posted in Gina Perkins, The New Mommy | Posted on 28-03-2011
Tags: 18 months, developments, Gina Perkins, love, new mommy, toddler
Sometimes, as Monday approaches, I am chomping at the bit to sit down at my computer and blog about some crazy experience, or “ah-ha” moment from earlier in the week – and other times, I sit at my computer with a blank mind. This is one of those times.
It’s been a pretty uneventful week, and I’m grateful for that. However, an easy breezy life doesn’t make for very good writing! As I toss ideas around, I keep coming back to the same thought – I am so enjoying being DJ’s mom right now. At 18 months old (my gosh, almost 19 months!), DJ is an absolute blast. She’s my little sidekick.
And so, today I have decided to list 18 (of the million) things that I am absolutely loving about DJ (because she’s 18 months old). Consider it a love letter to my daughter, as I’ll be writing directly to her.
(I encourage you to write your own list of things that you love about your kid/s, spouse, best friend, etc. – and share it with them this sunny day! I am learning how quickly time passes, and these lists help to preserve memories).
DJ, I love:
1. The way you hold my hand when we walk around town, through the grocery store, toward the slide at the park, down the street….
2. All the new words that you’re learning, and the ways you pronounce each one. My current favorite is “nando,” for “candle.”
3. When you point to me and say “Mum Mum” as you nod your head up and down – as if to add certainty to the fact that I am, indeed, your mommy.
4. How you are so eager to help around the house, and I’m especially grateful for your new chore of feeding the dogs.
5. The way you say “Baby, Baby” every single night right as I scoop you up out of the bath – as it’s your way of requesting that we sing “Rock-a-bye baby.”
6. How you lay down on your back in the sandbox at the park each and every time we go there to play. I always like seeing you so relaxed in the midst of kiddo-chaos all around you.
7. The ways you love our cats and dogs. You are just so sweet to them as you pet them and play ball with them. (How you love animals in general, really – including snails, squirrels, and birds).
8. When you pucker up your little lips and give mommy, daddy, and your baby dolls kisses.
9. How you look forward to “naked time” every night when we let you run around the house in your birthday suit before bath time.
10. When you do your “happy dance!”
11. That you never say no to yogurt, goldfish crackers, or strawberries.
12. How you pretend to be sleeping, and with squinted eyes say “Nigh nigh” while pulling the covers over your head.
13. How absolutely and incredibly fearless you are.
14. Your new bangs, and how your soft hair looks in pig-tails.
15. Speaking of pigs, I love how you say “Piggy” every time you see coins because you want to put money in your piggy bank (smart girl, keep saving!)
16. How your eyes light up whenever you see something that amazes you (which happens daily, multiple times a day).
17. The way your hair smells, and your head feels against my chest as I rock you to sleep. BEST THING EVER.
18. When I bring you into bed with us, and you lift my arm up and over you – molding my grasp to hug you tightly.
You’re simply the best, my baby girl. I love you, and I love being your mom!